Bike Around San Antonio!
Explore San Antonio on bikes as the weather heats up! You can find bike share programs around the city, as well as bike friendly bars, restaurants, and shops. Here at MCLife we love to explore San Antonio by bikes and experience the diversity of the city on two wheels! So, let’s talk about bike share programs and bike friendly spots around San Antonio.
- San Antonio B-Cycle is a bike share program that allows members to pick up a bicycle at a B-Station, go off wherever you need to go and then drop it back off at any B-Station you find. It is a straightforward easy way to take a leisurely ride, get to work or get through your errands. There are stations sprinkled through San Antonio with more on the way. You can check their website to find stations closet to you.
- Blue Star Bicycling Company offers bike rentals in San Antonio at affordable prices. “Here, you will find one of San Antonio’s biggest selections of Electra bicycles, electric assist bicycles, BMX, single speeds, fixed gears, Cruisers, Sport Cruisers, Road Bikes, City Bikes, Kids Bikes, Brooks Saddles & Bags, along with an extensive showing of accessories to outfit your new bike. Whether you’re riding around the neighboring communities (King William, SouthTown, downtown San Antonio or the Missions), or just out for an afternoon ride along the San Antonio River, or even exercise, Blue Star Bike Shop can provide the best in rental gear.”
Bike Friendly Bars
- Bombay Bicycle Club is a fun, zany bike themed bar and restaurant serving up delicious cocktails at great prices. They’ve got different daily drink specials each day of the week like Texas Tuesday with local Texas brews on special and Margarita Monday with $3.00 frozen margaritas.
- Blue Star Brewing Company is part of the Blue Star Arts Complex which also includes Blue Star Bicyling and Blue Star Ice House. All are of these are bike friendly establishments. Blue Star serves up delicious beer and food. They were the first brewpub opened in San Antonio back in 1996.
- The Friendly Spot is a great downtown bar and restaurant with bike parking available. They have over 250 bottled brews and 76 beers on tap for you to choose from. They’re also pet friendly and kid friendly. They have awesome weekly special events like movie and game nights. They also have a playground for the little ones, homemade sangria and Micheladas as well as Sunday Funday Brunch each weekend.
- Hills and Dales Ice House is a fun place to stop in for a drink after work
during the week. Park your bike and sip on an ice cold beer at a picnic table. It’s a fun, casual place in San Antonio.