Valentine’s Day is coming up and you still don’t know what to do to celebrate with your special someone. Don’t worry, we have you covered, whether you’re a traditional couple who needs dinner reservations or you want to do something unique. Check out these Valentine’s Day dates in San Antonio:
For the Traditional Couple
- Go out to dinner: What could be more romantic than a dinner date on The River Walk? You can eat a delicious meal, look out at the beautiful scenery, and simply enjoy each other’s company. Just be sure to make a reservation ahead of time!
- Book a staycation on The River: If you want your Valentine’s Day date to last all night, book a room at one of the hotels along the river. Many of the hotels have Valentine’s Day packages, including Hotel Valencia and The Hotel Contessa.
For the Love Birds
- Take a River Boat cruise: Take a romantic boat ride down the river with the one you love. The sound of the gently flowing water, the stars above you, and your special someone sitting next to you is as lovey dovey as you can get this Valentine’s Day. Reserve your own river barge with the River Walk Guide.
- Renew your vows: If you’re lucky enough to already be married to your soul mate, make a grand gesture to renew your vows on Valentine’s Day weekend. On Sunday, February 12 from 2:00-4:00 p.m., you can join other in-love couples to renew your vows in Market Square. Then you can celebrate your love with food, art, shopping, and live entertainment.
For the Active Couple
- Run a Valentine’s-themed 5k: This annual event is the best way for an active couple to spend time together. You can dress up in a Valentine’s Day costume, win prizes, listen to music, and enjoy moving around with the one you love. For more information, look at RunGuides’ page on the Be My Valentine Run.
- Go on a hike: If you’re looking for a different Valentine’s Day idea, consider checking out one of the many beautiful hiking spots around San Antonio. If you’re not sure where to go, we have a great article on some of the best places in The Alamo City.
For the Out-of-the-Box Couple
- Go to the rodeo: If you’re not the dinner and a movie kind of couple, the San Antonio Stock and Rodeo Show may be a more relaxed environment to have your Valentine’s Day date. Whether you go to pet the animals, see a show, or experience a rodeo event, you’re sure to have a good time.
- Get scared on a ghost tour: Get close to your loved one with a haunted Valentine’s Day date. Enjoy a three-course meal at a haunted hotel and then take a ghost bus tour around the city.
There’s something for every type of couple looking for Valentine’s Day ideas. Whether you enjoy a romantic, candlelit dinner or go for something more unusual, you’re sure to have a loving Valentine’s Day in San Antonio.